Can I and does it cost to appeal to a higher court when the California judge denies to honor my Indiana no contact order?

Asked over 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

I sent my Indiana protective order along with both a DV600 to register it in California, as well as a completed California DV packet. The judge denied both for insufficient information. I filed a reconsideration and in the hearing the Judge refused to adhere to the Indiana order because he though that it affected California's custody order over the child. I tried to inform him that that the Protective order only affected me, but because he saw our son's name on the Protective order he wasn't in the mood to hear anything else. The Indiana order specifically states that the "minor child" is not protected. Can I appeal to a higher court? Will they still charge the appellate rate for a DV appeal?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ayoade Adewopo

    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This question would be better answered by a CA lawyer because there are some local court issues involved. I'll advise you seek the counsel of a local CA lawyer.

    Sincerely yours,
    Ayoade (A.Y.) Adewopo, Esq.*
    Attorney at Law
    Adewopo & Associates LLC, Legal Counselors
    2805 E. 96th Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46240
    Office: +1-317-759-4821
    cell: +1-317-600-1422
    Fax: +1-317-816-7304
    *Also admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,341 answers this week

3,031 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,341 answers this week

3,031 attorneys answering