If a person selects box D in Part 2 of Form I-485, applying as an asylee, is there a way to modify the form to select box A after it has been filed but still pending a decision? The main issue with this is the fact that applying as an asylee sends the application to either Phoenix or Dallas, while applying with a relative petition requires it to be sent to the Chicago facility.
Is this possible without having to resubmit another I-485 and another $985? Also, could I submit form I-130 now and not wait until the issue with form I-485 is straightened out since it will be required whether the current copy is amended or a new form is filed? I hope this is clear. Thanks.
You can try.
J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.
If you already have a Notice of Action, you may write a letter attaching that Notice of Action.
Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.