Can I adjust my status from an A-2 visa to permanent residency under section 13?

Washington, DC |

I came into the United States in 2006 as a diplomatic dependent. My Dad holds an A-1 visa. My visa has been renewed twice, but expired last year. I didn't bother renewing it because I was told that since my I-94 had (D/S ).

I am currently out of status and looking at the possibility of adjusting my status under section 13 for Diplomats. I would like to know if I meet the requirements listed for section 13. I just graduated college with a BA. I'm 25 years old and about to enroll for a Master's degree next spring. I have never worked illegaly in the US and have not been convicted of any crime in the US.

Thanks.

1. consult with a qualified immigration attorney but it appears you may qualify but you should have a discussion with the attorney.

Please be advised this answer is for informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been formed. You should also see a local attorney for legal advise before acting on any of the statements given to you online as there may be aspects of your case that are not obvious by the question asked online.

2. You may be required to waiver diplomatic immunity in order to proceed with your adjustment. I had a similar case years ago where we had to complete form I-566 but my client was eventually granted LPR status.