Skip to main content

Can I-192 form can be filled at the POE when some one is inadmissable because of overstaying the previous visa/

Little Rock, AR |

can I-192 form can be filled out at the point of entry or waiver can be required , for previously overstaying the touris visa.
Thank you

Attorney Answers 3


Yes, that temporary waiver application has to be submitted (by Canadian citizens or landed immigrants to Canada)_ to the CBP inspector at the POE.

The fee is $585 and the processing time can be quite lengthy, up to a year or more. Best to consult with a competent immigration lawyer to see if you'll even need such a waiver, which is usually for some rather severe inadmissibility grounds, such as rape, theft, aggravated battery, prostitution.....and fraud.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Yes but do hire an immigration attorney. You do not want to handle U visa waiver issues on your own.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics