Can i sue for wronful death that occured on07-17-2008

Marion, IL |

the nursing home she was at neglected to take care of a pressure ulser that developed into an infection called MERSA that resulted in her death.

no. the statute of limitations is long gone unless there was some fraudulent concealment. however that is very difficult to establish.

what, please tell me the statute of limitation on death , they tried to conceal it

I am not licensed in IL and can provide you only with general advice. You need to contact a local nursing home malpractice lawyer to make sure that your statutory period has not run, and to determine whether you are the person who would have standing to bring such an action. There are specific laws that apply to nursing homes and wrongful death in most states. Call right away to get specific information.

No. You waited too long. The Statute of Limitations ran on 7-17-10, absent fraud.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com