Can i still get my daughter back if i fail just one drug test with CPS under the Safety Plan

Asked about 5 years ago - Greenville, TX

CPS took my daughter and placed her with her father about 2 months ago. CPS came to see my apartment, everything was fine, they looked at my daughter and everything was fine... She had clothes, toys, and food... they seen she was not at all abused or neglected. I work full time monday through friday and have a steady and stable life. CPS gave me a drug test... i failed... i signed a saftety plan that she is to be with her dad, while i attend classes for support out patient. well i have been doing awesome, but i had a relapse and did drugs one time... a month and a half into my treatment... do you know what will happen to me? i promise to never again do it, it was a HUGE mistake... what can i do?

1. Jonathan H Levy

Answered . Part of recovery and 12 step is the possibility of relapse. You would do well to get your support persons and drug counselor together to let CPS know you were making progress but for the small slip up and that your prognosis for complete recovery is still good.