Can I (plaintiff) appeal/amend a consent judgement (both parties accepting Case Evaluators decision) to include a payment plan?

Asked over 1 year ago - Clinton Township, MI

I would have wanted a timetable for payment -or- payment plan be part of this judgement.

1. John E. Melton

Pro

2

Answered . Once the judgment is entered, petition the court for an installment payment order. You will have to attach proof that you cannot pay the judgment all at once. Provde a summary of your finances (amount of money in, amount of money out, etc.). Even better, ask the plaintiff's attorney for a pocket judgment so that no judgment enters unless the payments are missed. This will help your credit score if they agree to it-which they often do.

2. John F. Brennan

1

Answered . I would suspect that the judgment eventually will be entered in the Circuit Court where it will be sought to be enforced. While you can ask the mediation agreement be modified, you can also petition for an installment payment at the entry of the judgment at the lower court.

3. James T. Weiner

1

Answered . Case evaluation is case evaluation.. you accepted it and probably cannot amend it to include a payment plan.

ISSUE: As the plaintiff I assume you are owed the money. With a judgment in your favor, you can start collection actions 30 days after the judgment is final. That includes garnishing the defendants bank account and wages, etc.

BTW Even with a payment plan, if it is not followed you would be limited to the same remedies so do not fret about amending it.

4. James M. Osak

1

Answered . As Plaintiff WHY do you want a payment plan?
    You get ALL your money right now.
    If you're talking about the Defendant wanting
    a payment plan . . . you would have to agree
    to it. If not then take it before the judge to
    decide one way or another. Anyway . . .
    ask your attorney about accepting or
    filing a motion (or RETAIN an attorney
    to help you collect your money). Good luck!
    See: www.contingencyattorneymi.com