Can I "pass" the AOS/485 Interview and get my Green Card if my First Time Georgia DUI Case is still pending?

Asked over 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

My final EB green card interview/approval is expected in June/July-2012.

I got arrested for a 1st time DUI offense (no accident/injuries, no breath/blood/urine test, failed sobriety tests) in Georgia in early Jan this year. My DUI defense lawyer says that there is a good chance to get a "not guilty" verdict, but, if we ask for a DUI Jury trial - the case will not be resolved until early/mid next year! I do not have any other criminal record.

What will happen if my DUI case remains pending at the time of my green card interview? Can we just show the arrest records and GA statute(s) for maximum punishment for such an offense - and convince the IO to approve the green card?

Or shall we rush the DUI case and accept a plea bargain before July to show final court disposition to IO? TIA

1. Christopher D. Tunson

2

Answered . You do need to speak with an immigration attorney. It makes a difference how you address the matter from the start.

2. Adriana Delpilar Rouselle

1

1

Answered . Try to take care of the issue prior to your interview. If at the time of the interview the case is still pending go to your interview with an experienced immigration attorney.

3. Neil Ian Fleischer

1

1

Answered . I agree. Most USCIS office will not complete a case if there is a pending criminal matter

www.immigrate2usa.com