Can I get military based green card or citizenship?

Yonkers, NY |

I am on F-1 student visa in the US. I have been here in US for more than 4 years. I have excellent English language skills, healthy. Plus, I am MD from Armenia. I know Armenian, Russian fluently. I passed Medical Board exams with very high scores in the US. My medical residency did not work out because they wanted green card. I want to get my green card through military and then serve as a doctor in Military. I can be just a soldier in the beginning and then after I fulfill the requirement I will serve in the military as a doctor. Please tell me if this is possible. What options do I have? I am single and I don't want to get married.

I suggest you contact a military recruitment office. There are expedited paths to citizenship for serving in the military.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

I do not believe that the US military is allowed to let foreign students join.

Did you consider a J visa for your residency?

Meet with an attorney to explore more options.

Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel - Capriotti International Law
SKYPE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE - franco@capriotti.com - www.capriotti.com
We are not geographically limited ==> Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Unless the military makes an exemption, you must be at least a legal permanent resident to join.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.