Skip to main content

Can I, as an adult, take my father to court over his lack of child support payments?

Michigan City, IN |

I am 26 years old. My father owes well over 16,000 dollars in back child support. Can I personally go after him for said support? Or does my mother have to do this? I have that amount in college tuition to pay back, this would obviously be a great help in that area.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should consult a local attorney to see if you have options - but generally if the money isn't owed to you there is no standing for you to seek the payment.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer