Can I, as a mother file chargers against my step son for molesting his step sister after finding out 25 years later?

Asked over 1 year ago - Mooresville, NC

My step son molested my daughter when she was around 5,6 and 7. My daughter never told me about it until over a year ago. What are my options? She won't file charges as she feels she has forgiven him. I, on the other hand, am furious and would like to file charges. Is that possible?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Your daughter is an adult, and you do not have standing to pursue it. You can speak with your local district attorney but they are not likely to consider it.

    If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,910 answers this week

3,176 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,910 answers this week

3,176 attorneys answering