Can i apply for work papers ?

Asked 10 months ago - Rome, NY

Me and my wife just move to the USA my wife is an USC but i am not , she is looking for a Job , i was wondering if i can apply for my work documents ?so we can meet the poverty line or does my wife have to get a Job first ? what should i do ?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Theoretically, yes. Practically, you need a joint sponsor.

2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

2

Answered . Consult with an immigration attorney to discuss requirements for adjustment of status based on a spousal petition.

3. Vonda K Vandaveer

1

1

Answered . If your wife does not meet the income level requirements, she will need a joint sponsor. Your question, however, raises other issues, including your status now in the US. It sounds like you have potential complications to an immigration case and you should seek a consultation with a competent attorney.

4. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

1

1

Answered . You can certainly begin filling out all the paperwork as there are various forms and information that must be completed. Once at least your wife is employed, you can mail in all in. It will take 90 days for you to receive employment authorization. A possible issue relevant to your entry: what kind of visa did you use to enter and when did you apply for it?

5. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . What can be done depends on how you entered the US.

The Court of Appeals for the Eigth Circuit has stated that "immigration laws and precedents are complex."

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.