Skip to main content

Can he get out early.? Or what should he do at court?

Idaho Falls, ID |

Yesterday my boyfriends probation got revoked because of a miscommunication with his probation officer. He got thirty days. Is there anyway he can get out early or get a bond? He has court on July 24 on another case that he's supposed to have his DL but since he's in jail he can't get his check to,pay off his DL fines. So what should he do at court and is there a way he can get released earlier then 30 days?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. He is not entitled to bond on a probation violation, but you can hire an attorney to file a Rule 35 Motion to have the sentence reduced if it was truly a miscommunication with his probation officer. It is somewhat complicated to explain further but that is what I would ask an attorney in Idaho Falls to do for you.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics