Can he file defamation of character lawsuit?

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

someone made a facebook account and put my exes mugshot as the profile picture and now he is blaming me and threatening to file charges against me for defamation of character even though it is all public record

1. Matthew William Hoffmann

3

Answered . If it is public record and what is posted represents the truth, there is not much of a case. Truth is an affirmative defense to claims of libel/slander. If suit is initiated or demands are made, you should consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction. Good luck.

Pro

3

Answered . Anyone can sue anyone, but it would be fruitless obviously

3. Aaron Michael Minc

1

Answered . I agree with Matt and Christian.

You and your ex your friends need to simply flag/report the account as being fake to Facebook. Facebook will take it down. Problem solved.