Skip to main content

Can he do anything to have me sent back?I have already reported my presence to the immigration. I already have my SSN card too

Columbus, OH |

My husband filled for me. When I was in my country he always comes up with fake stories and my family sends money to him without knowing he's jobless. When I got to the country I had to stop in a relative's house cos of the treat I was receiving from him and one of his girls over the phone when I was in my country. After 30 days I arrived, My 10yrs GC was sent to him and he seized it. I had to file for a replacement card without him knowing. I have already gone for my biometrics one month ago. Still waiting for my new GC. Upon my arrival at the port of entry the i-551 stamp was stamped in my passport for 1 year which is still valid. And now he's threatening to send a letter to the USCIS to have me deported back. The marriage was entered in a good faith.... All he wants is to control me...

I used the valid stamp I have in my passport to get my SSN card without him knowing. I have the wedding pictures we took together+wedding video and the marriage certificate showing that the marriage was entered in good faith... Can he do anything to have me deported back?He keeps saying that the USCIS are coming after me to get me scared. And he keeps writing all sorts of bad things about me on social media.... Scandalizing my name

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    No, he cannot have you sent back.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  2. First, he can contact ICE or USCIS/FDNS. What he tells them is his choice. What they do with that information is their choice. But it is a possibility. Second, if you haven't divorced him, then maybe now is the time to do it? Third, if you believe he is defaming you and you are actually damaged, then file a law suit against him.

  3. If your marriage is recent it is possible that you could have problem in resolving your immigration issues. Depending upon your marriage history you may be free from trouble or may be able to come out of it. Please consult with an experienced attorney and provide specific information. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St., Ste., 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics