Can h4 visa holder get married to US citizen after divorce with h1 visa holder?

Nashville, TN |

my visa is h4,resided in the state of TN for more than 6 month.want to get a divrce with husband of h1 holder.can i get married to US citizen after divorcing h1 visa holder with out going back to my country?if yes, is it possible to get the GC through the marrige?how long wil it take?

Yes, it is very possible as long as your marriage is bona fide. See the link below for more info
    If you are divorced and free to marry, it can take 6 months to obtain a green card

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

2. As my colleague stated, marriage and obtaining a greencard is possible. With that said, you should talk to an immigration attorney to ensure that you do things correctly.

Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel - Capriotti International Law
    SKYPE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE - franco@capriotti.com - www.capriotti.com
    We are not geographically limited ==> Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.

Contact the American Immigration Lawyers Association www.aila.org for a referral to an experienced immigration attorney. NOTE: They also have referrals to low/no-cost attorneys. LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics