Skip to main content

Can H1B holder with Iranian descent travel to Canada for visit?

Houston, TX |

I currently hold an H1B visa and my visa has been through consulate processing (stamped in my passport). I'm a citizen of Iran. Is it possible for me to travel to Canada for visit? Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Based on the fact you provided, yes. It appears that you have a valid visa from the U.S. Consulate, which allows you to free travel out of the country for short time periods.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.


Generally as long as your trip is less than 30 days you should be okay. it is best to consult an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes, you may do so.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer