Can green card be applied for L2 visa holder?

New York, NY |

Hi. My husband is working in L2 visa. Its not a company requirememnt but we are thinking to settle downin US. So if the emplyer is ok, can the green card be applied for an L2 visa holder?

1. Yes

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

2. Yes

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. L-2 has status as long as L-1 does. If, L-2 is qualified for employment Immigration, he/she can do so!

This advice does not creat an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential.

4. As long as your husband is working in valid L2 status which will continue during the pendancy of his employer petitioned case, his employer can petition for his green card. This is a very complicated question and I suggest you contact competent immigration counsel to understand the process, risks and timeframe of such a case. Good luck!
    Debbi Klopman, ESq.
    398 Bergen Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11217
    www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com
    dkny430@aol.com
    718 622 1208
    This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship

Debbi Klopman, ESq. 398 Bergen Street Brooklyn, NY 11217 www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com dkny430@aol.com 718 622 1208 This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship