Can grandparent get visitation of grandchild ?

New Kensington, PA |

In Pennsylvania, would grandparent be able to get visitation of grandchild if the biological parents have never been married, yet are living together ?

The biological father physically, emotionally abusing my daughter, and has completely isolated her from all her friends and family. I feel that my grandson is at great risk in this environment.

Possibly. One would need more facts to ascertain if you qualify for visitation of your grandchild. The short answer to your question is that there are laws that do permit grandparents (and great grandparents for that matter) to get custodial rights to their grandchildren under certain circumstances.

In no way is this answer designed to substitute for individualized counsel from a licensed attorney in your local region. No legal advice is proffered in the foregoing answer, I disclaim all responsibility for any actions taken in reliance upon any material in the above answer. The answer is provided for informational purposes only, and no action should be taken prior to consulting with a licensed legal professional. This answer does not create any attorney - client relationship with the questioner.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody