Can go after a company for wrongful termination even if I am a seasonal employee. There is much more to this no space to write.

Orlando, FL |

I worked this job seasonal every year since 2011 ( so maybe only 4-6 mths a yr). I started back on this year on the 10/04 ( I was only going to work on Fridays until they got busy). So I go into work the next Friday (10/11) and I am told I am fired. Apparently, some issue between the females not agreeing which I was not there at the time (remember I only worked 1 day so far). Now there is a total of 5 of us two blacks and three whites. Now the reason of me being fired is because of hear say (well both black females got fired not the other 3). There where no arguments or fighting at work. The girl that did all the lies is the same girl who got the supervisor to leave last (because of lies) as well as lied on the mangers. We got fired based off of lies! I can get proof everything stated!

I brought the other female lies up from last year to the manager who fired me. I asked her how can you believe her when she did the same thing last year but to different people. She stated to me yes I remember but I am not dealing with this problems this year. NOW if thats all she was worried about then why not get rid of the person who cause all the problems ( why is she still there but I am not). I never caused any problems or even had any confrontation with any employee there ( permanent or seasonal). There is so much to this I can't sit in type it.

Get a consultation with a local plaintiff employment lawyer. Most give free consultations (check beforehand) so you'd have nothing to lose for an assessment of your case by an expert. You can give that person all the detail for assessment. Aside from this site, your local bar association is also a good referral point. Many such lawyers take the case on contingency if they want to represent you.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

What you have described sounds more like personality conflicts than discrimination. If you live in an employment at will state, you can be hired or fired for any reason or no reason as long as the termination is not because of discrimination or some other motive. In most states, absent discrimination or some other unlawful motive, employers are free to make unwise decisions (such as terminating everyone but the troublemaker).

If you believe you were terminated because of your race, gender, or other protected category, see a local employment law attorney for a thorough review of your facts. Good luck.

Nothing in the law prevents an employer from making a termination decision based on hearsay. In fact, termination is not unlawful because the employer's facts and conclusions are wrong, even if the error is inarguably established.

The employer has the right to choose to believe an accusing employee. Many employers have in place an informal policy of zero tolerance, meaning that they will terminate without investigation employees who are accused of certain kinds of misconduct. This, too, is not unlawful if applied without reference to any legally prohibited characteristic such as race.

It can be difficult to successfully allege unlawful discrimination where the protected characteristic, such as race, has always been known to the the employer. Here, for example, your employer has retained your services for two years in full knowledge of your race. On that history, it is often the case that some other "new" event or recently manifest factor is the reason for the employer's decision to terminate. Why would the employer suddenly terminate for a characteristic it has never cared about before?

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Recommended articles about Employment