Can fugitive recovery agents blackmail me?

Tempe, AZ |

because i bailed someone out and they skipped bail and because im on probation im violating by harboring a fugitive they are telling me if i dont turn her in that im going to be in trouble and i havent seen them since they were supposed to be leaving to go to court

1. Not exactly blackmail, since they are not trying to get you to pay to keep them from talking. What you describe is not criminal.

2. Bail bondsmen are actually obligated (to their own insurance cos.) to find someone who has skipped bail. However, unless these recovery agents have some evidence that you know where the person is, or you are hiding or protecting the person, they should not be threatening you with probation violation or anything else.

On the other hand, if you DO know where the person is, or are hiding or protecting him, you can get into trouble, not only for a probation violation but for other criminal offenses under AZ law.