Can Fmla cover being late for work?

Asked 12 months ago - Lockport, NY

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and mornings can be difficult most of the time for me. I do not trouble once I get started but getting started is difficult. What are my rights?

1. Vincent Peter White

3

Answered . If your doctor recommends that you could not simply wake up earlier to work through your morning inflammation then you should be able to schedule a form of accommodation or intermittent FMLA for some morning flexibility. Your employer may be skeptical of course and your doctor will have to explain why you couldn't simply wake up earlier to work through the morning inflammation.

2. Eric Sanders

Answered . We need to know many more facts about your employer, etc., to effectively answer this question.