Can Fmla cover being late for work?

Lockport, NY |

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and mornings can be difficult most of the time for me. I do not trouble once I get started but getting started is difficult. What are my rights?

If your doctor recommends that you could not simply wake up earlier to work through your morning inflammation then you should be able to schedule a form of accommodation or intermittent FMLA for some morning flexibility. Your employer may be skeptical of course and your doctor will have to explain why you couldn't simply wake up earlier to work through the morning inflammation.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook ( if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

We need to know many more facts about your employer, etc., to effectively answer this question.

Answers to questions posted on the AVVO website as well as content contained on The Sanders Firm, P.C., website is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing in such answers or the content contained on The Sanders Firm, P.C., website is to be considered as either creating an Attorney-Client relationship between the reader and The Sanders Firm, P.C., or as the rendering of legal advice for any specific matter. Readers are responsible for obtaining such legal advice in consultation with a licensed Attorney.

Recommended articles about Employment