Can facebook be sued for not verifying peoples identity? I have found several people using other peoples identity. To include me

Asked 11 months ago - Amarillo, TX

Facebook has several people using other peoples identity with other peoples pictures and similar data misleading people into thinking its the real person which is very damaging to their reputation. It seems they should be held accountable for verifying that people are who they say they are.

1. Lu Ann Trevino

Pro

3

Answered . FaceBook owes NO duty to you because you have no relationship with the entity that creates a duty. You pay for nothing and public is allowed to use/create the accounts so that FaceBook can put advertising in front of you/us. As always, anybody can sue for anything. Winning is another matter.

This comment is given for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship exists between us.
  2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

Answered . No.

But depending on circumstances, you might have options against the person who created the false identity.