Skip to main content

Can f-1 students start their own business as an IBO of Amway?

Auburn Hills, MI |

I am University student from India. I joined Amway through my friend couple of month ago. I provided all the information including SSN while registering. Is it legal or illegal to do Amway business? International students are not allowed to work off the campus. What if I quit that business? Will I be in trouble? Give me the best solution.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No it isn't permitted ... unless you have a work permit.

Yes, you can get in trouble.

Talk to your foreign student adviser.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.



There is 90 day trial period. What if I quit this business within 90 days? I am very new to this business. They convinced me that it is 100 % legal for international students. Will I still be in trouble if I quit this business? I will immediately get unregistered.


I agree with my colleague.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.


I agree it is not permitted and you international student office will tell you the same thing (or they have already told you this).

The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as legal advice. Transmission or receipt of the content of this information does not create, nor is it intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Because each matter involves differing facts, online readers should not act upon the content of this website without seeking legal advice.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer