Can f-1 students start their own business as an IBO of Amway?

Asked over 1 year ago - Auburn Hills, MI

I am University student from India. I joined Amway through my friend couple of month ago. I provided all the information including SSN while registering. Is it legal or illegal to do Amway business? International students are not allowed to work off the campus. What if I quit that business? Will I be in trouble? Give me the best solution.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . No it isn't permitted ... unless you have a work permit.

Yes, you can get in trouble.

Talk to your foreign student adviser.

2. Gen Kimura

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

3. Ian Edmund Scott

3

Answered . I agree it is not permitted and you international student office will tell you the same thing (or they have already told you this).