Can experienced Attorney help please? Tax and Immigration

Winter Park, FL |

Your asylum is recommended for approval and You want apply for jobs with EAD . What should You say if asked " Are You resident or non resident" question by IRS or any other forms ? Someone told me that I'm non resident and I filled the application s that way, later I found out that one lawyer was saying the person in my shoes is considered as resident. But its too late now I was hired already and its tax season, wondering if I can chahge that.
Because I don't want get any troubles from USCIS and IRS in future.
Who knows the right answer? Can experienced Attorney answer please? Thanks for your time

For immigration purposes you are a non-resident since you have not been granted permanent residence as of yet. For tax purposes you are a resident since you have no intention of departing the United States.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

2. File the same form with noted corrections/amendment indicating you are resident.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012

3. This is not a simple question and should should discuss with your tax advisor. If you would like to read up on the issue please see http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc851.html and Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com