Can experienced Attorney help please? Tax and Immigration

Asked over 1 year ago - Winter Park, FL

Your asylum is recommended for approval and You want apply for jobs with EAD . What should You say if asked " Are You resident or non resident" question by IRS or any other forms ? Someone told me that I'm non resident and I filled the application s that way, later I found out that one lawyer was saying the person in my shoes is considered as resident. But its too late now I was hired already and its tax season, wondering if I can chahge that.
Because I don't want get any troubles from USCIS and IRS in future.
Who knows the right answer? Can experienced Attorney answer please? Thanks for your time

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . For immigration purposes you are a non-resident since you have not been granted permanent residence as of yet. For tax purposes you are a resident since you have no intention of departing the United States.

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

5

1

Answered . This is not a simple question and should should discuss with your tax advisor. If you would like to read up on the issue please see http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc851.html and Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com

3. Madhu Kalra

Pro

4

1

Answered . File the same form with noted corrections/amendment indicating you are resident.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012