Can executor of my mothers estate move the estate contents out of the county where she died and probate is?

Executor has removed entire contents for purpose of a future estate sale.

Houston, TX -

Attorney Answers (3)

Orsen E. Paxton III

Orsen E. Paxton III

Probate Attorney - Arlington, TX

Absolutely. If this is an Independent Executor, I don't think a devisee of the Will would have any grounds upon which to complain. No one but a devisee would have standing to complain.

DISCLAIMER: This is not specific legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship.
James P. Frederick

James P. Frederick

Probate Attorney - Livonia, MI

Yes, the executor has the right to do this.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******... more
Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Estate Planning Attorney - Largo, FL

Yes but you might have a complaint if the costs of the move were not within the "normal"
range and the action was outside of the range of a "prudent" trustee.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of... more

Related Topics

Inheritance rights and estate planning

Inheritance rights refers to the rights most states give to a spouse (and in some cases, children or grandchildren) that prevent you from disinheriting them.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.