Can executor of my mothers estate move the estate contents out of the county where she died and probate is?

Houston, TX |

Executor has removed entire contents for purpose of a future estate sale.

Absolutely. If this is an Independent Executor, I don't think a devisee of the Will would have any grounds upon which to complain. No one but a devisee would have standing to complain.

DISCLAIMER: This is not specific legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship.

2. Yes, the executor has the right to do this.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

3. Yes but you might have a complaint if the costs of the move were not within the "normal"
    range and the action was outside of the range of a "prudent" trustee.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Wills and estates topics