Skip to main content

Can employer give any false information about employee(US Citizen) to the immigration?

San Diego, CA |

I am a naturalized U . S citizen who has a EEOC case filed against my employer . Two years ago , I resigned from the job after harsh argument with the very powerful CEO of an organization which has federal and state level clientèle . It could be purely my own created doubt , but somehow since then , every time I travel overseas , and come back , the immigration folks stop me for all sorts of questions for hours . I am a god fearing , law abiding US citizen of 20 years , with absolutely clean record . I was having hard time to get job , so I started taking overseas consulting projects , which require travel . I understand they are doing their job , but it has started to bother me now . Can employer mess up immigration records by giving false information etc , and will immigration act upon it ?

Attorney Answers 4


Retain an excellent AILA attorney to consider assisting you with a DHS Trips procedure. This is a traveler redress process where you can clear your name; Goto
I have been successful assisting clients with DHS Trips - it works.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

5 lawyers agree


Can people commit fraud or lie to other human beings? Can people be greedy, serve-serving and indecent? Can they act nasty or unreasonable? Your questions falls squarely along those lines. We all know the answer. If you believe fraud is being committed you may inform the authorities. If you believe that you are being libeled, you should consult with an attorney with that expertise. This is truly not a question for immigration lawyers.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful

7 lawyers agree


You may need to retain an experienced immigration attorney to assist you in investigating the reason for the questioning.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

4 lawyers agree


I agree with Hoffman.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics