Can electronic companies be sued if the same thing is broken on alot of their items?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Modesto, CA

My tablet broke and many other peoples same brand and model tablet broke in the same place.

1. Neil Pedersen

4

Best Answer

Answered . In addition to Mr. Chen's response, I would add that your answer depends in large part on the manufacturer's warranties, if any. If you believe you have discovered a widespread defect in a particular company's product, you might also be able to bring a class action or other representative action to cause the company to repair or replace the defective product.

You need to consult with an attorney if you wish to even consider that route.

Good luck to you.

2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

3

Answered . You possibly may have a claim under the California "Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act." The law provides that when a manufacturer cannot repair consumer goods after a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer must either replace the defective product or refund the consumer's money

3. Arthur Joseph Obolsky

1

Answered . Did the tablet come with a warranty? If so, as Attorney Chen mentioned, you may have a "lemon law" claim under Song-Beverly. You need to have an attorney review the sales-related documents you received to assess whether the tablet's defective condition is covered by an applicable warranty. Aside from a potential lemon law claim, you may also have an implied warranty of merchantability claim (this means that the law implies that any consumer product that is sold should be at least of a minimal level of quality). My office specializes in Song-Beverly claims. Feel free to call me next week and we can discuss this in further detail.