Can EARLY termination from PIT be possible under these conditions ? . . .

Asked over 1 year ago - 07410

I was charged with intent to distribute marijuana ( under diam ) along with 3 other co - defendants in the state of NJ . The Marijuana was intended for recreational purposes with friends of mine that had come from out of state for spring break * * we were given the option to proceed with PIT and we did * I paid off all my Fees regarding the program , ahead of time . I also complete the treatment program . I tested positive 1 month before I was done with the PIT program and was given the option to either extend the program due to failure to comply or go back to court and deal with the situation that I was charged with primarily I would like to know if somehow I can terminate my PIT extension due to the fact that i completed more then half the program testing negative and also payed off my fees

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Eric M. Mark


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can't. YOu tested positive. YOu're lucky they are offering you an extension of PTI and not sending you back to the trial calendar to face the distribution charges. If you stay clean you should be released early, but you are going to have to do the extension. And you should be thankful for the opportunity.

  2. John Thomas Doyle

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Based on your positive test, you were lucky to be given a second chance to complete the program.

    This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney... more
  3. Douglas Holbrook

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Absolutely not. You violated the terms. You are fortunate to be offered what you are being offered. Recognize a gift when one is offered.

  4. Mark M Cheser

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I would say you are pushing your luck. The extension was a gift. Deal with the probation, I think it would not be worth the try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,793 answers this week

3,033 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,793 answers this week

3,033 attorneys answering