Can EARLY termination from PIT be possible under these conditions ? . . .

Asked over 1 year ago - 07410

I was charged with intent to distribute marijuana ( under diam ) along with 3 other co - defendants in the state of NJ . The Marijuana was intended for recreational purposes with friends of mine that had come from out of state for spring break * * we were given the option to proceed with PIT and we did * I paid off all my Fees regarding the program , ahead of time . I also complete the treatment program . I tested positive 1 month before I was done with the PIT program and was given the option to either extend the program due to failure to comply or go back to court and deal with the situation that I was charged with primarily I would like to know if somehow I can terminate my PIT extension due to the fact that i completed more then half the program testing negative and also payed off my fees

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

4

Answered . You can't. YOu tested positive. YOu're lucky they are offering you an extension of PTI and not sending you back to the trial calendar to face the distribution charges. If you stay clean you should be released early, but you are going to have to do the extension. And you should be thankful for the opportunity.

2. John Thomas Doyle

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Based on your positive test, you were lucky to be given a second chance to complete the program.

3. Douglas Holbrook

3

Answered . Absolutely not. You violated the terms. You are fortunate to be offered what you are being offered. Recognize a gift when one is offered.

4. Mark M Cheser

1

Answered . I would say you are pushing your luck. The extension was a gift. Deal with the probation, I think it would not be worth the try.