Can E-2 Enterprise investment count toward EB5 capital investment requirement

Dallas, TX |

I would like to know if an E-2 enterprise capital investment would count towards EB5 capital investment requirement. If an E-2 visa holder already in the US decide to apply for EB5, would the initial capital investment in an E-2 enterprise count toward the $500K investment requirement for EB5. The scenario here is that the E-2 qualifying enterprise is not located in low unemployment target area. Thanks in advance for your contribution.

It all depends. You need to consult with an immigration attorney. E2 is conceptually complicated visa. EB5 is way more complicated.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. I agree with Attorney Segal. Questions such as these are ideally discussed and meaningfully responded to after complete review of the case.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.