Skip to main content

Can doctors turn in a 21 year old boy having a baby with a 15 year old girl

Syracuse, NY |

im 21 girlfriend 15 and pregnet im wondering can the doctors turn me in

Attorney Answers 4


They don't turn you in but your name on a birth certificate will virtually slam dunk s statutory rape charge if someone got you arrested!

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


The doctors don't necessarily know that you are the father but if your name goes on the birth certificate you can be sure there will be problems.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


If you admitted paternity to the dr he can and likely will.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Yes, and in all liklihood, they will. If the parents of the girl are not intent on pressing charges, and everyone is happy with the situation, then the boy should be no where near the hospital, and his name should not be on the birth certificate.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics