Skip to main content

Can deportation be stop since I come to USA on visa wiever ( esta) Have pending case of mister menor My status is not good

Key West, FL |

Can deportation be stop since I come to USA on visa wiever ( esta)
Have pending case of mister menor
I am married to gay ( same sex )

Have to ad the important part I am already in Miami detention center krome. I have no chance on visa viewer ? Do u think asylum in my case would work (gay merridge) Thank u

Attorney Answers 4


What are you being charged with? A person in the US on the visa waiver program has no right to a removal hearing before a judge.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful

13 lawyers agree

1 comment



Mister meanor


You do not have the right to a hearing before an immigration judge to fight removal if you entered under the visa waiver program.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Relax. Just because you have a misdemeanor case pending, that doesn't mean you'll be placed in deportation proceeding because of that.

Make sure to higher a good criminal defense lawyer: don't use the "public" defender appointed to you by the court.

Make sure not to overstay your 90 day visa waiver period !

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

3 lawyers agree


It depends, you need to hire an attorney. Depending on where you come from, an asylum application might be good if gays are persecuted in your home country. However, you cannot do a marriage application based on a same sex marriage.

The information provided herein is provided as general legal information and does not constitute legal advice. The information is based on the facts given and should not be relied upon by the reader. An attorney-client relationship is not established by this transmitting this information. The best way to receive accurate advice and establish an attorney-client relationship is by retaining a licensed attorney.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics