Skip to main content

Can DCFS make me get an order of protection? And if I don't what can thy do to me?

Downs, IL |

My husband and I got into a domestic matter and my 16 yr old son got involved. The police were called by my 13 yr old son. DCFS came to my home and said I have to get an order of protection or they will step in and protect my children. This is the first time DCFS has ever contacted me and I have never been under investigation.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You need a lawyer who has experience with DCFS. Their powers are broad. You do not want to be blind sighted by DCFS.

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

  2. Hire a lawyer who is experienced with DCFS. They should not be able to make you get an OP. However, you do not want to incur their wrath.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics