Can dcf be guilty of double jeopardy laws

Asked about 2 years ago - Panama City, FL

I spent ten yrs on probation met all conditions got off 1996 2005 dcf got false report , can it be used against me again, i,m being punished a second time. is this is legal.i not broken any laws at that time or even now.I,m not adjudicated guilty.Fdle says i,m not convicted, a lawyer also told me too. can they grandfather me into thier system, what is the statue of limitation .

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Heather Morcroft

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Double jeopardy applies to criminal prosecutions. There is some limitation on evidence of character being used if it is more than ten years old, but that is in judicial actions and is only one consideration. You don't say what context this issue is being raised in, and your remedies may vary depending on the context of the problem. The grandfathering concept seems unlikely to apply in any context that I can imagine.

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. Colleen M. Glenn


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Unfortunately there is much more information needed in order to properly ascertain whether you have a double jeopardy issue here. My suggestion is to contact an attorney in Panama City and have a free consultation to discuss your options. Make sure to bring all of your documentation with you.
    Good Luck

Related Topics

Child protection services

Child protection services (CPS) is a government agency that protects children from abuse and neglect. This abuse could be from injury or other harm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,681 answers this week

3,411 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,681 answers this week

3,411 attorneys answering