Can Cross Chargeability be used when spouse is on F1 visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cicero, IL

My husband's Green Card process under EB2 category has been started.I am on F1 visa.My country of birth is Nigeria and his is India.Can my husband add me on his employment based petition when I am on F1 visa [ Non-Immigrant].?Do I have to be on H4 dependent visa[dual intent] only to be added on the petition?Can he use Cross Chargeability when I am on a non immigrant [F1] visa?

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

2

Answered . he can add you on F1 status

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . For cross chargeabilty purposes what nonimmigrant category you happen to be at the time does not matter at all.

Your husband can add you on his I-40 petition while you are on F-1 status. It is perfectly OK.

3. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

1

Answered . Yes.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . No, you don't have to be on H-4 to be listed on the forms.

But, you are wise to be concerned about immigrant intent .. .I recommend that you don't travel out of the US until the process is complete.

I'm not sure what type of cross-changeability you're thinking about.

Talk to the company's immigration lawyer, not a non-attorney in HR.