Can criminal property damage be considered as vandalism if the person was home?

Columbus, OH |

"You could be facing an Ohio Vandalism charge if you knowingly cause physical harm to an occupied structure or its contents"

A drunk neighbor came into my house at 4am and drunkenly broke my $1500 laptop. When I press charges, what will this fall under?

This could be charged as vandalism, or even burglary. The prosecutor has wide discretion.

Most likely trespass and criminal damaging. I doubt the prosecutor will try and increase this to a felony. They could charge it as Breaking and Entering, Vandalism, Criminal Damaging, Disorderly Conduct, possibly even Burglary (although that is a stretch).

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner