Can creditor report to credit bureaus item being disputed?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I have a business transaction being disputed with the bank and they sent it to collection agency and reported to my personal credit reports! Is this allowed by laws? thanks.

1. Henry Carlton Rothrock

Answered . Yes, they can report it. You can file a dispute with the credit reporting agencies and explain your situation.

2. Dheeraj Kumar Singhal

Answered . If you have the proper documentation to seize a debtor's bank account, generally this is handled at the state level. Therefore, you should contact the Wells Fargo in Texas if the defendant lives in Dallas. It is not required that you have knowledge of the branch where the defendant holds an account. Now, whether the defendant's salary is exempt is a state law issue. Generally speaking, most state laws do not have an outright exemption for salary. They may have a percentage of the salary that is exempt and you should contact an attorney in Dallas to discuss garnishing the defendant's wages.