Can cps take my unborn child with a closed case

Asked about 2 years ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

My kids have been taken away from me due to domestic inside the home. I had another child a year later with my abuser. They took my son out the hospital. Me and him are no longer together. Apirl 2,2012 I voluntary gave up my rights and they closed the case. Now I'm pregnant again n they want to take this one can they do that

1. John Arthur Smitten

6

Answered . yes they can do that (unfortunately)

2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, it is a never ending process. Try to hire an attorney to advocate for your rights as the mother.

3. Mark Nickolas Longwell

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, depending on the facts. Hire an attorney.

This content is informational only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  4. Melanie Lynn Quattrone

Pro

2

Answered . Yes- the State can file a petition for adjudication related to your new baby based on the history and failure to complete a previously court ordered case plan. If they do file a petition, if you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you. Unless the State pursues up front termination of your parental rights, if the baby is found to be dependent, you will have the opportunity to complete a case plan for reunification.