Can court order papers for Paternity Establishment before the child is born for unmarried parents and public assisted cases?

Asked over 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

I am pregnant with a child and not married . I wanted to know if court can order paper for paternity establishment for NCP before child is born . What are the steps DCS takes to establish a paternity before the birth of a child ?

1. Patrick S Sampair

Pro

2

Answered . Neither DES nor the court will pursue/issue Paternity/Support orders until the child is born.

2. Stasy D Click

1

Answered . No until the child is born there i no way to determine who the Father is. Once the child is born you must file a petition for paternity and child support. If you contact DES while you are pregnant and are receiving services they will most likely assist you with filing the petition