Can cops touch you when they are interrogating you?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Spring, TX

I know the shows like Law and Order are beyond false, but when you are being interrogated, is the interrogator allowed to touch you? Is it apart of their tactics?

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

3

Answered . "Touched"? They cannot assault you. Can they put their hand on your arm? That's probably okay.

If the police have reason to interrogate you, you need to lawyer up.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

3

Answered . Nothing prohibits them from touching you. Obviously they cannot assault a person or touch them in a sexual manner. Most interrogations are videotaped.

3. Bart Charles Craytor

3

Answered . I have found that the more aggressively law enforcement attempts to get a statement, the more they need that statement to make an arrest or secure a conviction. Stop the interrogation. Demand an attorney be present, and do not cave in to their pressures. Always demand an attorney and exercise your right to remain silent.

4. Dustan Orlando Neyland

Pro

3

Answered . I can't think of any situation where it is appropriate for an officer to touch you during an interrogation unless you are being arrested. You need to get an attorney to advise you before speaking to the police again.

Dustan Neyland
    Law Offices of Dustan Neyland
    Four Kingwood Place
    900 Rockmead, Ste. 132
    Kingwood, TX 77339

Tel: 281-312-0155
    Fax: 281-312-0154

www.neylandlegal.com