Can colleges see a sealed record?

Fort Worth, TX |

What will show up when a college does a criminal background check on someone with a sealed record?

1. If you were convicted of a misdemeanor criminal offense and have petitioned the court to expunge the records and if that order was signed, then no one should have access to it. But you use the words "sealed". I don't practice law in TX so I'd hire a competent criminal defense attorney in your area to be sure. You can request your own criminal record and get a copy yourself to be sure it is not there.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..