Can child supprt take money from my law suite

Orlando, FL |

because i am waiting on my check and everybody that was in the acciedent they have receive they check and i am still waiting.would they know if i am receving my check or not?

1. When you say, "would they know," do you mean the Department of Revenue? Almost certainly not. Do you mean the other parent's attorney? That's possible.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

2. If the custodial parent knows you had an accident, and mentions it to a private lawyer, or department of revenue or the state attorney- whoever handles the enforcement, they can obtain a lien on it before its disbursed- and at that point your lawyer cannot release the money once on notice of lien or intent to seize. Further, if your ex finds out after you get the check, the department can freeze and/or intercept the money in your account, with the exception being certain joint accounts. Be mindful of this. Otherwise there shouldn't be a problem at least in getting the check.

Child support topics