Can child supprt take money from my law suite

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

because i am waiting on my check and everybody that was in the acciedent they have receive they check and i am still waiting.would they know if i am receving my check or not?

1. Brent Allan Rose

1

Answered . When you say, "would they know," do you mean the Department of Revenue? Almost certainly not. Do you mean the other parent's attorney? That's possible.

2. Kelley Anne Joseph

Pro

Answered . If the custodial parent knows you had an accident, and mentions it to a private lawyer, or department of revenue or the state attorney- whoever handles the enforcement, they can obtain a lien on it before its disbursed- and at that point your lawyer cannot release the money once on notice of lien or intent to seize. Further, if your ex finds out after you get the check, the department can freeze and/or intercept the money in your account, with the exception being certain joint accounts. Be mindful of this. Otherwise there shouldn't be a problem at least in getting the check.