Can Child Support Svcs force a father to pay medical for children if court appointed mom to pay medical and she's able to?

Asked over 1 year ago - Leominster, MA

Child support in arrears. Paying xtra each week and surrendering tax returns to get caught up. Child support svcs sent letter to father's employer for him to pay medical insurance for children even though court appointed the mother to carry insurance. she is remarried with another child and making more money than father. All was well until Child Support got involved.... no issues between mother and father.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Anton R. Reinert

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . I believe this is a similar question to the previous one posted. You should consult with a qualified family law attorney to review the prior agreement to assess your options. Good luck.

    Advice provided is of a general nature to provide guidance. Divorce law is state specific. One should always... more
  2. Brynn Sullivan Zawada

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You need to review any agreements our previous court orders. Then I suggest you contact a family law attorney to discuss your options further. My office handles cases such as yours. Good luck.

    The answer to this question is for informational purposes only and is expressly not legal advice. This information... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,441 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,441 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering