Can child support effect my deportation

Wichita, KS |

i have been married for 2 years . iam on deportation . and i applied for 1-130 and had an interview and i was approved and then i applied for i785 and im waiting for my court hearing which it will be next year
however im separated from wife at the moment . we do have a child together . and the child support services trying to collect child support from me . the reason we are separated because my wife abused drugs when she was living with me . and she used to hit me too and i did report this to the cops and there is case open for domestic voilence aginst her but i didnt press any charges do i have a chance if we are still married but separated ! ... also please dont tell me to file for abuse because i asked so many lawyers and they said i dont have a case. any way will child support effect

1. Yes, delinquent child support will affect your case. Hire an immigration attorney to represent you in removal proceedings.

2. There is not enough facts to advise you properly here. And you may have a case for the domestic violence or VAWA. Also, if you are in removal proceedings, then you should have a lawyer representing you and you should consult with your lawyer about your case. If you don't have an immigration lawyer, I highly recommend that you hire one, because your case is very serious.

Follow Gintare Grigaite, Esq. on Facebook (search for Gintare Grigaite, Esq.). Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

3. Yes, failure to pay child support is deemed bad moral character.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.