Can child support effect my deportation

Wichita, KS |

i have been married for 2 years . iam on deportation . and i applied for 1-130 and had an interview and i was approved and then i applied for i785 and im waiting for my court hearing which it will be next year
however im separated from wife at the moment . we do have a child together . and the child support services trying to collect child support from me . the reason we are separated because my wife abused drugs when she was living with me . and she used to hit me too and i did report this to the cops and there is case open for domestic voilence aginst her but i didnt press any charges do i have a chance if we are still married but separated ! ... also please dont tell me to file for abuse because i asked so many lawyers and they said i dont have a case. any way will child support effect

Yes, delinquent child support will affect your case. Hire an immigration attorney to represent you in removal proceedings.

who said im delinquent !!! ... i said will it effect my case that i have child supprt case and im paying on time that me and my wife are esparated

There is not enough facts to advise you properly here. And you may have a case for the domestic violence or VAWA. Also, if you are in removal proceedings, then you should have a lawyer representing you and you should consult with your lawyer about your case. If you don't have an immigration lawyer, I highly recommend that you hire one, because your case is very serious.

Follow Gintare Grigaite, Esq. on Facebook (search for Gintare Grigaite, Esq.). Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

i have a lawyer and he is useless . i told him that there is child support case on me and im paying child support and he told well this will effect your case and your wife should close the case !!!

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

In that case, make sure to change a lawyer. Regarding child support, yes, you have to pay it, otherwise, the judge will not grant you relief.

what do you mean by relief ? .... am i going to be able to get my green card . i dont want relief .. i want green card that is what i applied for . i have been abused in this relationship . and ofcourse my lawyer is telling me i dont have case for abuse ! which is fine . my wife still sponsoring for the green card but we dont live together which i chose not to be abused anymore . will the separation effect my case

Yes, failure to pay child support is deemed bad moral character.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

who said im faling to pay !!!! lol ... i said me and my wife are separated and im paying child support will it effect my case

Recommended articles about Immigration