Can child support effect my deportation

Asked 10 months ago - Wichita, KS

i have been married for 2 years . iam on deportation . and i applied for 1-130 and had an interview and i was approved and then i applied for i785 and im waiting for my court hearing which it will be next year
however im separated from wife at the moment . we do have a child together . and the child support services trying to collect child support from me . the reason we are separated because my wife abused drugs when she was living with me . and she used to hit me too and i did report this to the cops and there is case open for domestic voilence aginst her but i didnt press any charges do i have a chance if we are still married but separated ! ... also please dont tell me to file for abuse because i asked so many lawyers and they said i dont have a case. any way will child support effect

1. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, delinquent child support will affect your case. Hire an immigration attorney to represent you in removal proceedings.

2. Gintare Grigaite

Answered . There is not enough facts to advise you properly here. And you may have a case for the domestic violence or VAWA. Also, if you are in removal proceedings, then you should have a lawyer representing you and you should consult with your lawyer about your case. If you don't have an immigration lawyer, I highly recommend that you hire one, because your case is very serious.

3. Stephen D. Berman

Answered . Yes, failure to pay child support is deemed bad moral character.