Skip to main content

Can child support be taken out of disability check

San Antonio, TX |
Filed under: Child support

Orginally in my divorce the court ordered me not to pay childsupport due to the fact I'm disabled my ex agreed. A year ago I received a call from his Lawyer stating that I was to pay childsupport. I never received papers to appear in court. They supposingly served the papers to an address that I was not residing at. My children already receive part of my disability. I have been receiving letters to pay 250.00 of childsupport I would not mind paying that but I can not work at this time and what I'm receiving is barely enough to support myself. I just received a letter from Social Security that starting next month they will be deducting 250.00 a month from my checks. Is there anything I can do about this? My ex orginally agreed that I would not pay childsupport and he was to pay for my kids to come visit me four times a year due to him being in the military.

Attorney Answers 3


Yes, it can be done.

I would look for a pro bono attorney in your area to help you. Obviously your funds are limited. You definately need an attorney to try to fix this mess.

A free legal website is not the place to get the type of assistance that you need.

You can look at my website for pro bono organizations in TX or the State Bar of Texas' website. I'd check your phone book too.

Mark as helpful


I agree with my collegue.

Mark as helpful


I agree with my collegue.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics