Skip to main content

Can child protective services remove my kids from home without a court order.

Jackson, MI |

my 12 yr son claimed i hit him, a C.P.S worker force me to remove my kids from their home she said i didnt have an open case she gave me halfhour to send them elsewhere or she was going to take them i did take them elsewhere, but the next day another C.P.S worker and the police served me with a order to remove my kids, yet they had force me to place them the day before so my question is can they remove them or force me to without a court order,

Attorney Answers 1


Yes...CPS is there for protection of the children. You should seek representation, as it appears a file may have been opened and is still in the investigative stages.

Neil M. Colman

Mr. Colman is licensed to practice law in Michigan. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Colman strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics