Can charges be filed for a DUI without blood work results ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Allentown, PA

I received documents in regards to my preliminary hearing but none of the details of my blood test are recorded or mentioned. Is this normal? And how can I get I get my results so I can take the steps necessary to fight my case.

1. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

6

Answered . They do not need to provide that to you before the preliminary hearing. In fact, they do not need to show blood tests or results of a breathalyzer to convict of a DUI. The statute is writtent o include those that are visibly too intoxicated to drive based upon the officer's testimony. This is rare, but it does occur. Contact an attorney experienced in DUIs.

Michael L. Doyle
    (215) 900-5565

2. Zachary Cooper

4

Answered . Many times with blood cases you will not see the results until the day of your preliminary hearing. I always think it's a smart idea to have your attorney try an get these results prior to any hearing so you know what your walking into. You are going to want to contact an experienced DUI attorney on this issue. It is certainly not advisable to go into a preliminary hearing without an attorney.

3. Jonathan Burton Blecher

Pro

2

Answered . You are going to want to contact an experienced DUI attorney on this issue.