Skip to main content

Can chargers against threats and assault be brought against minors?

Ladera Ranch, CA |

My 16 yr. old son let some kids use his car to go to the store, it turn out they did a beer run, when my son was question by police because they got the license plate#, he had to tell them the name of the kids involve, now he's afraid because this kids are trouble and they might hurt him at school.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If the kids are bothering him at school, tell the school resource officer. Because he is a potential witness, they can get in a lot of trouble if they decide to try to intimidate him because of the case.

Mr. Feasel is a former prosecutor in San Mateo County (CA) with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.



Thank you very much, your answer was very helpful!


If your son is being threatened you and you fear for his safety you should report it to the police.


As a former DDA and asst. supervisor of the Juvenile Unit in Orange County, bullying is a serious thing and may rise to a criminal violation of Penal Code section 422. You and/or your son should definitely report this to the school and the SRO. Also, Marsy's Law is an amazing victims' rights protection you should look at.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer