Can car dealer ask for car back after you both signed contract

Stanton, KY |

Bought a car Saturday, done paperwork and signed contract. The finance manager said i was approved through americredit and that was the name on contract that we both signed as well. We set up payments, even had direct withdrawal from my account every other Friday and I got insurance on the car. I get a text message this morning saying they are sorry they didnt get approval to bring the car back. He told us it was approved Saturday and we set it all up. Even the name of the finance company.

1. You should contact an attorney to assist you. Whether you have to return the car will be dependent on the terms of your contract. However, there is usually language in contracts for the sell of a car if there is an issue with financing which allows for the car dealership to get the car back.

The content of legal guide has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not legal advice or legal opinion and should not be relied upon for individual situations. If you find yourself in need of legal advice for your individual situation, you should consult and retain an attorney.

Car loan topics